Reports To: Varies by location
Primary Functions: Responsible for assisting in the design, performance and support of data communications devices, systems and services, firewall infrastructure and security for all external network connections. This includes remote access, intrusion detection, and proxy services of the credit union and its subsidiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Network Support Analyst I and II duties and responsibilities.
2. Analyze network performance and assist in identifying topology performance and redundancy weaknesses.
3. Implement specific changes to maintain the data communications network infrastructure.
4. Perform installation and configuration of firewalls, IDS and proxy services by following requirements for Internet connected devices to allow approved access while maintaining necessary security for web servers and internal systems.
5. Responsible for detailed switch and router configurations.
6. Coordinate delivery of telecommunications services for the credit union and its subsidiaries.
7. Assist in providing work direction and training of Network Support Analysts.
8. Coordinate voice communications problem management and resolution with utilities, vendors and management.
9. Assist and document the development of data communications standards and procedures to ensure uniform delivery and adequate control of the network.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Equivalent technical training and/or network certifications required.
Experience/Skills: Six years experience in voice and data communications including two years as a Network Analyst II or equivalent experience or training. Must have strong working knowledge of cabling standards and best practices. CCNP required, CCDP or higher certifications highly desirable. Must be proficient in the configuration and troubleshooting of CISCO routers, switches, and firewalls. Should be familiar with network analyzers and management systems, including Sniffer and CiscoWorks. Experience with Cisco IP Telephony networks; Talari and Palo Alto a plus. Must have good communications and interpersonal skills. Must have good project management and coordination skills.
Tenure: Assignment to the Network Support Analyst I category 10, Network Support Analyst II category 09, Network Support Analyst III category 08, or Senior Network Support Analyst category 07 will be determined by the candidate's education or experience. Advancement requires management recommendation and will be based on the candidate's certifications and/or performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer